Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I like my guitar in the stand!!


Should I keep my guitar in the stand or in the hard case? Over the past few weeks this has been a heated topic in my life. I grew up in a house where my mother's guitar was on the stand all the time. She would hang a damp sponge inside a bag in the soundhole. Then she would drape an old towel or sheet over the top. She said she wanted to keep dust and crud from ruining the strings and finish. She has had the same classical guitar from her teenage years. There has never been cracking, distortion, or any damage of any type. However, in the past few weeks I have been told the hard case is the only way to properly control humidity. We recently gave my mother a beautiful Martin Acoustic, and what a shame to hide it away inside a hard case. Hard cases have there place. There is no better protection for your guitar. But, I use The Hoodie guitar cover on all my displayed guitars. I put a dampit in the soundhole and I have no problems with humidity. Plus, the finish and strings are protected from dust, debris, and scratches. www.ten4products.com


1 comment:

  1. What an AMAZING product!

    I play classical guitar, a very nice high quality instrument, and this kind of cover was something I've been thinking about for quite some time. As far as I know yours is the only one available at this point.

    I am very impressed with its overall quality. I've been looking for something like this for quite a while now. The quality of the fabric, the stitching... just great.

    You see, my mother --who now lives overseas-- is a very skilled tailor, and growing up around her I learned to appreciate a tailor's job well done. Consequently, I'm very picky, always looking for things that most people miss, like asymmetries, running threads, and really, all kind of subtleties...

    The video clip on your website doesn't do full justice to this innovative product, except to its functionality. I wish people could actually get an idea of the quality of the workmanship that goes in the making of this covers.

    The price is fair; nothing compared to the benefits (protection of an expensive instrument).

    I wish there was a way for people to leave feedback on this product, other than eBay (because of the character limit they have), maybe on your website...

    I won't hesitate to recommend this product!

    Thank you,

    Andrei Nicu

    ReplyDelete